[asterisk-dev] Small changes to app_meetme

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Feb 18 13:17:30 CST 2010

I have been maintaining a package that allows for scheduling
MeetMe conferences.  During the ramp up to 1.6 I worked on
porting the scheduling logic out of a separate application into
app_meetme and these changes were graciously accepted (thanks).

I've held off releasing an update for this package, as each release of
1.6 was still not quite ready to support realtime meetme, that was until 1.6.2.

Testers have pointed out a couple of small issues-

1.        Pinless conferences will not load flags from the RealTime engine.
This is a minor oversight and requires a six-ish line patch to fix,
which would load the non-admin flags (options) if no pin was set.
Before I produce the path- Bug or feature?

2.       The package I maintain includes a script that uses manager events
to produce an application specific CDR.  If I were to add an application
variable (MEETMEBOOKID), I could drop the script from my package,
and instead include instructions on how to use the built-in CDR tools
to accomplish the same goal.  There is no way I can justify this as a
a bug fix, but I am hoping it is too small (4 lines) to be considered a feature.

I am hoping that these will not be construed as a feature(s), as I would love to
see it in the next 1.6.2 release, or the one after that.

Thanks,
Dan