[asterisk-dev] res_monitor information

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:22:27 CST 2010

Hi Russel,

Actually I'm using Monitor to debug an issue in my channel driver. I'm
experiencing a problem when sometimes I'm seeing small chunks of silence
(really silence, without white noise whatsoever) of about 80ms. I do believe
the problem is not in Monitor itself, but I'd like to be 100% sure it is not
possible that Monitor is adding such silences. My channel driver provides
and reads audio streams using the read/write callbacks every 20ms.

Besides mixing as it goes, what mixmonitor differs from monitor?

Thanks

Paulo