[asterisk-dev] res_monitor information

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Feb 17 02:36:06 CST 2010

On 100216 1213, Russell Bryant wrote:
> [...]I would like to note that
> Monitor() is mostly just there for legacy purposes.  Unless you have a
> specific need for Monitor(), I would strongly suggest using
> MixMonitor(), instead.

Just my 2c. In our application, Monitor() is a lifesaver. We are
archiving uncompressed G.711u, merging them into 2-channel files without
mixing. As we are running fully automated, unmonitored AI agents, and
use audio bits of real calls to track down speech understanding
problems, and for regression testing. I'd certainly feel sorry to see
the feature go!

  -kkm