[asterisk-dev] Bugs/patches 16033 and 16590 ignored forever

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Thu Apr 22 05:54:01 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 17:49 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> The karma system was removed a while ago because it never did what it was
> intended to do. We have since moved to other forms of recognition such as
> listing patches submitted by developers and those who helped test a bug in the
> ChangeLogs. We also list at least 5 issues that have been resolved by the
> community in the release announcements, which has proven to be a better way of
> recognizing those who contribute on a regular basis.

Appart from recognizing those who contribute in a ChangeLog (which is a
nice thing), could that recognition be used to speed up the issues and
patches they post later on?

More or less the more and the better you contribute, the more attention
you will get in the future if the quality of your testing and/or patches
has been proven to represent less work for Digium teams. That was the
point of my Karma question.

François.