[asterisk-dev] Bugs/patches 16033 and 16590 ignored forever

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Apr 21 16:49:59 CDT 2010

François Delawarde wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 20:38 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>> Here's a stupid suggestion: give higher priority for reviewing patches
>> by people who provide useful reviews of their own. That is: make it
>> useful to provide a (good) review of other bugs.
>
> Isn't there already a "Karma point" system in mantis to do that? Bugs
> could have higher priority in function of the "karma" of the reporter.

The karma system was removed a while ago because it never did what it was
intended to do. We have since moved to other forms of recognition such as
listing patches submitted by developers and those who helped test a bug in the
ChangeLogs. We also list at least 5 issues that have been resolved by the
community in the release announcements, which has proven to be a better way of
recognizing those who contribute on a regular basis.

Leif.