[asterisk-dev] Strangeness modifying EXTEN

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Nov 21 12:28:00 CST 2009

On 11/21/2009 04:28 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>> Why didn't ${EXTEN} get updated?  Why is it acting like it's read-only?
>>

> From the documentation doc/channelvariables.txt in 1.4:
> -------
> Variables marked with a * are builtin functions and can't be set,
> only read in the dialplan.  Writes to such variables are silently
> ignored.
>
> ${EXTEN}                * Current extension
>
> Exten is clearly marked with an asterisk, thus it is read-only.
>
> ----
> I love it when we actually do have things documented :-)
>
> Regards,
> /Olle

Ok, I deserved that.

I'm used to the documentation being more than a little out-of-date.

BTW:  where is a good description of "domain" and "context" (and
regcontext) in sip.conf?

I'm having some issues getting Freenum (and other "guest" internet)
incoming calls to use one context, and internal SIP phones to use
another, both in the same domain...

-Philip