[asterisk-dev] Strangeness modifying EXTEN

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Nov 21 05:28:56 CST 2009

> Why didn't ${EXTEN} get updated?  Why is it acting like it's read-only?

From the documentation doc/channelvariables.txt in 1.4:
-------
Variables marked with a * are builtin functions and can't be set,
only read in the dialplan.  Writes to such variables are silently
ignored.

${EXTEN}                * Current extension

Exten is clearly marked with an asterisk, thus it is read-only.

----
I love it when we actually do have things documented :-)

Regards,
/Olle