[asterisk-dev] Hints failing ot update for caller side of the channel

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Nov 17 01:50:57 CST 2009

16 nov 2009 kl. 17.29 skrev Bryant Zimmerman:

>     I posted about a week ago about an issue I am having with BLF.  I have been doing some more testing and here is what I have so far.  For some reason the Hints are not being updated for the caller side of a call the callee is updating fine.  When I move the same phones to our 1.4.25 version switch things work.  The one that is failing is on version 1.6.0.13 switch. I believe there has to be some kind of setting causing this as I have talked to other users that are not having this issue. I have also completed testing with a Grandstream engineer and they have confirmed that my asterisk server is not sending out any notify messages to update the BLF for the callee. This matches with my other test data showing that the Hints are not updating correctly. Are there any settings that may cause this to occur or have I bumped up against a bug?

It's very hard to help you without more detailed data. SIP subscriptions are done on the peer side of a type=friend device, which means that you get notification for outbound calls or inbound calls where you match on IP. If you add limitonpeers=yes to sip.conf [general] section the calls will be counted for only on the peer side.

In many cases, for local phones, changing type=friend to type=peer will make a big difference.

If you continue to have problems, please open a bug report with all technichal details that are required are uploaded as well as some debug output (it's specified in the bug guidelines).

Regards,
/olle