[asterisk-dev] Hints failing ot update for caller side of the channel

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon Nov 16 14:01:06 CST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:

>     I posted about a week ago about an issue I am having with BLF.
> I have been doing some more testing and here is what I have so far.
> For some reason the Hints are not being updated for the caller side
> of a call the callee is updating fine.  When I move the same phones
> to our 1.4.25 version switch things work.  The one that is failing
> is on version 1.6.0.13 switch. I believe there has to be some kind
> of setting causing this as I have talked to other users that are not
> having this issue. I have also completed testing with a Grandstream
> engineer and they have confirmed that my asterisk server is not
> sending out any notify messages to update the BLF for the callee.
> This matches with my other test data showing that the Hints are not
> updating correctly. Are there any settings that may cause this to
> occur or have I bumped up against a bug?
>
> And direction would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Bryant

The fact that you've found different behaviors between 1.4 and 1.6
would lead me to think this is a bug, since nobody has replied with
any suggestions as to how a configuration option might have changed in
that timeframe.

I would put together a bug report.   I'd also suggest that you try an
experiment with the latest TRUNK to see if it has already been fixed,
otherwise there will be valuable time spent trying to hunt down
something which perhaps has already been repaired.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/