[asterisk-dev] Conflict of cs/cz language codes

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Nov 16 11:14:31 CST 2009

Hi there,
  I've found that we have (at least in 1.6.1 branch) a conflict in language
codes for the Czech language.
  - app_voicemail.c requires the "cz" code to activate the Czech voicemail
    syntax rules. It doesn't work if the "cs" code is used (it is not used
    anywhere in the code).
  - say.c contains the following:

         } else if (!strncasecmp(language, "cz", 2)) { /* deprecated Czech syntax */
                static int deprecation_warning = 0;
                if (deprecation_warning++ % 10 == 0) {
                        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "cz is not a standard language code.  Please switch to using cs instead.\n");
                }
                return ast_say_number_full_cs(chan, num, ints, language, options, audiofd, ctrlfd);

  but if the user follows the request, the voicemail stops speaking properly.
  So, which language code should be preferred ? I think that cz is better,
becaus cs means "CzechoSlovak" and we don't have such entity anymore, Slovakia
has its own "sk" code, so it should be okay to use cz for Czech...
With regards,
  Pavel Troller