[asterisk-dev] Hints failing ot update for caller side of the channel

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Mon Nov 16 10:29:22 CST 2009

    I posted about a week ago about an issue I am having with BLF.  I have
been doing some more testing and here is what I have so far.  For some
reason the Hints are not being updated for the caller side of a call the
callee is updating fine.  When I move the same phones to our 1.4.25 version
switch things work.  The one that is failing is on version 1.6.0.13 switch.
I believe there has to be some kind of setting causing this as I have
talked to other users that are not having this issue. I have also completed
testing with a Grandstream engineer and they have confirmed that my
asterisk server is not sending out any notify messages to update the BLF
for the callee. This matches with my other test data showing that the Hints
are not updating correctly. Are there any settings that may cause this to
occur or have I bumped up against a bug?

And direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryant