[asterisk-dev] QUEUE_MEMBER(queue, free) ignores agents in wrap-up

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Nov 11 03:26:26 CST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson
<kkm at adaptiveai.com> wrote:
> I noticed that QUEUE_MEMBER(queuename, free) counts members in their
> wrap-up time as free. This means the function cannot be used to check if
> there currently is a member available to answer the call (ignoring real
> time effects, of course).
>
> I am going to hack the function to return a count of ready agents.
> Assuming that other people would be interesting in the change, I am
> going to send back a patch to the issue. What is the community feeling
> regarding backward compatibility vs. featurism? Should I in this case
>
> a) change semantics of the `free' qualifier, so that recuperating
>    memebers are not counted as "free", or
>
> b) leave the `free' alone and introduce a new one, e. g. `ready', to
>    count only members immediately available to pick up a call?

Hi Kirill,

'ready' is defineately much better, as there are very strict rules
regarding backward compatibility.

Wrapuptame was initially intended for short amount of time before
member can accept call, so he's basically free (not paused, not busy),
it will take just a little bit longer for call to reach him.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,