[asterisk-dev] QUEUE_MEMBER(queue, free) ignores agents in wrap-up

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Nov 11 00:30:00 CST 2009

I noticed that QUEUE_MEMBER(queuename, free) counts members in their
wrap-up time as free. This means the function cannot be used to check if
there currently is a member available to answer the call (ignoring real
time effects, of course).

I am going to hack the function to return a count of ready agents.
Assuming that other people would be interesting in the change, I am
going to send back a patch to the issue. What is the community feeling
regarding backward compatibility vs. featurism? Should I in this case

a) change semantics of the `free' qualifier, so that recuperating
    memebers are not counted as "free", or

b) leave the `free' alone and introduce a new one, e. g. `ready', to
    count only members immediately available to pick up a call?

  -kkm