[asterisk-dev] QUEUE_MEMBER(queue, free) ignores agents in wrap-up

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Nov 11 03:53:27 CST 2009

On 091111 0126, Atis Lezdins wrote:
> 'ready' is defineately much better, as there are very strict rules
> regarding backward compatibility.

Thanks, will implement that.

> Wrapuptame was initially intended for short amount of time before
> member can accept call, so he's basically free (not paused, not busy),
> it will take just a little bit longer for call to reach him.

Here's the task. If there are no agents immediately available, the call
will get Queue()-generated position announce message, e. g. "you are the
1st in line," upon arriving in the queue. This is not the politest way
to start a conversation, so in this case I want to play a greeting
message before placing the call into the queue. But there is no point in
playing that greeting if the call will (very likely) be picked up from
the queue immediately and without holding and announcing.

Am I missing a standard technique for implementing that? Seems pretty
much a reasonable and probably even common requirement.

  -kkm