[asterisk-dev] dahdi channel forcing AST_FORMAT_MULAW frames to channels not allowing them.

Caballero Collado, Mª Elena ecaballero at indra.es
Tue Mar 24 06:55:45 CDT 2009

hello there,

We are developing a channel driver for Asterisk and we have trouble when accepting voice frames from dahdi channels.  When we register the channel driver, we declare to support **only** AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR frames, but our driver is rejecting connections from dahdi channel as it is trying to inject AST_FORMAT_MULAW frames (dahdi configured mulaw or default format).

We have been browsing dahdi driver and seen tha it supports native AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR frames, and having no trouble when connecting our driver with sip(AST_FORMAT_GSM) or iax2(AST_FORMAT_GSM) formats (Asterisk does the codec conversion automatically) but not with dahdi channels.

Versions are:  Asterisk 1.4.22.2 (asterisk-1.4.22.2.tar.gz); dahdi 2.1.0.4 (dahdi-linux-complete-2.1.0.4+2.1.0.2.tar.gz)

Can somebody add some light to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

ecaballero