[asterisk-dev] CID match uses "shortest prefix match"

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Mar 19 08:12:58 CDT 2009

Leif Madsen wrote:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Thus, as you see, CID matching use a different sorting approach. Bug?
>
> I would say this is indeed a bug, and may be suffering from the same
> issues Jared had mentioned in Asterisk 1.2, but perhaps were not applied
> to the CID pattern matching stuff when the other pattern matching stuff
> was fixed (just a guess).
>
> I'd say you should open an issue on http://bugs.digium.com so we can
> track this and get it resolved.
>
> I don't see any reason why the pattern matching in the CID matching
> section should work any differently from the standard pattern matching.

Replying to myself...

I should also note that this functionality change would only occur in Asterisk
trunk, and would be first fixed in Asterisk 1.6.3 as this would cause a
behaviour change in previous Asterisk releases, and would risk breaking existing
dialplans. (This is of course if whoever decides to resolve the issue doesn't
make it configurable for some reason, in which case it could potentially be
backported; but I don't want to volunteer any additional work to whoever may
choose to fix this. :))

The change would be documented in UPGRADE-1.6.3.txt upon resolution.

Thanks!
Leif Madsen.