[asterisk-dev] CID match uses "shortest prefix match"

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Mar 19 08:09:50 CDT 2009

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Thus, as you see, CID matching use a different sorting approach. Bug?

I would say this is indeed a bug, and may be suffering from the same issues
Jared had mentioned in Asterisk 1.2, but perhaps were not applied to the CID
pattern matching stuff when the other pattern matching stuff was fixed (just a
guess).

I'd say you should open an issue on http://bugs.digium.com so we can track this
and get it resolved.

I don't see any reason why the pattern matching in the CID matching section
should work any differently from the standard pattern matching.

Thanks!
Leif Madsen.