[asterisk-dev] About asterisk development plans

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed Mar 18 10:16:06 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 10:44 -0400, Mihai Balea wrote:
> As far as I know, there is no test harness, so it's not surprising
> that regressions pop up as often as they do.

I think this is the most important point. There should be a test bench
that automatically confirms every (supported) feature is working before
it's released. If the process was automated then it shouldn't take that
long to run the tests.

Obviously there would be a significant amount of work to get it setup
the first time but after that, by definition, there shouldn't be changes
required to test a stable branch.

I'm picturing two Asterisk boxes with a combination of FXO, FXS, and PRI
cards along with sip client testing software (sipp).

--
John Lange
http://www.johnlange.ca