[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] kpfleming: branch 1.4 r182802 - in /branches/1.4: ./ apps/ build_tools/ inclu...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 18 06:39:32 CDT 2009

asterisk at ntplx.net wrote:
> It won't run for me any more.....going back to SVN r182652 fixes it....
> I get this message a few seconds after asterisk starts when it tries
> to update the MWI status on a POTS phone attached to the TDM400P card.
> (using ZAP, not DAHDI)
>
> /usr/sbin/asterisk: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol: vmwi_generate

Thanks for the report; this has been corrected (this is why I waited
until after 1.4.24 had been released before merging these changes, and
why it won't get merged into the 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 branches until after
their next releases are made).

One thing that concerns me is that our module loader explicitly tells
the dynamic loader to resolve *all* symbols needed by a module when it
is loaded, but that doesn't seem to work properly in all cases. In your
case, this missing symbol should have been found at module load time,
not later at run time (and this is also why I didn't see it when I
tested this patch). Bizarre.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com