[asterisk-dev] Newbie Developer Resource?

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:53:40 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 11:50 PM, David Phillips
<phillips.david.lee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a hosted version with no support, so I have no idea what the URL
> should be, nor if it is even mapped.  I didn't even know there is a manual
> and I can assure you, If I knew where to find it, I would have started
> there.  A more helpful attitude to someone with IT experience, just not with
> linux/asterisk would be appreciated, not a rude attitude such as yours.
> Geez...what a welcome to the asterisk community.

Hi David,

Don't worry it wasn't personal, the Asterisk-Dev list can be a brutal
place! Too many years and too much spam coupled with the standard low
grumpiness threshold of over-worked programmers.

The URL was a tongue-in-cheek way of saying the best way to get
started is to look at the Asterisk source code. A more useful URL is
http://www.asterisk.org/developers where you can find links to obtain
the source code and also some pointers on getting started with
Asterisk development.

Regards,

Greyman.