[asterisk-dev] Newbie Developer Resource?

David Phillips phillips.david.lee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 22:10:15 CST 2009

Thanks Greyman.  I appreciate it. What I'm actually looking for is how to do
special outbound calling handling with asterisk.  I don't want to actually
change the asterisk server itself.  I think I want to use AGI's ?  I'm not
certain, but I *think* so.  Basically I'm wanting to do the following:

1. Get data from mySQL database (I already have an example program for this)
2. make an outbound call (I already have an example with a simple 'call
file')
3. detect human or answering machine (and update the db appropriately)
4. play an audio file (I have an example of this too).
5. Prompt the listener to record a response (I DON'T have an example of
this).
6.  write the response to a WAV file so I can retrieve it via FTP.

I think that's about it.  Like I said, I have some sample code to get me
started, I was just wondering for a good starting place for scripting with
asterisk.

Dave