[asterisk-dev] Call Detection

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 16:46:48 CST 2009

Hi David,

   What you are referring to is a power-dialer with Answering Machine
detection capabilities. Having developed one, I'm very much unsure that
reaching an accuracy of 95% is possible.

   The main reason is that depending on your country and termination
provider, your mileage will vary on the MachineDetect (AMD) application.
The same applies to the BackgroundDetect application - so in other
words, the maximum accuracy I ever reached was around the 75%-80%.

   Now, in terms of the actual solution, it all depends on your dialer
implementation. For example, the dialer that I developed was able to do
that as it was utilizing a specific manner of operation, I'm not
familiar with yours, so I can't comment specifically. In any case, both
detection applications require that your channel be up and established,
prior to the detection process.

   For more information, you may contact me off-list.

Nir