[asterisk-dev] tell asterisk of incoming call: Re: enhancing the usbb2k patch

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Wed Feb 25 07:41:39 CST 2009

* Russell Bryant wrote, On 18/02/09 16:28:
> Sam Liddicott wrote:
>
>> So my first question is:
>>  Does it matter what channel type I register the channel as?
>>
>> Currently the patch registers as channel type "Phone" but it seems like
>> only one channel of a given type can be registered as this conflicts
>> with chan_phone.so
>>

> The name you give the channel type does not matter.  You can call it
> whatever you want.  Of course, it should match the name for channels you
> create, and will be what users have to use from the dialplan to
> reference your channel technology.  So, using something that makes some
> amount of sense is a good idea.  :-)

I'm a bit stuck on how the channel monitor should notify asterisk of an
incoming call.

I think some combination of ast_pickup_call() and ast_pbx_start() might
be required. Where should I be looking to find this. I've looked in lots
of channel drivers but I have difficulty still!

I guess that the the asterisk system will (based on configuration)
answer the call; will it use the channels .requester function to tell
the channel driver to actually pickup?

Sam