[asterisk-dev] tell asterisk of incoming call: Re: enhancing the usbb2k patch

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Feb 25 07:56:38 CST 2009

On Feb 25, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> I'm a bit stuck on how the channel monitor should notify asterisk of
> an incoming call.
>
> I think some combination of ast_pickup_call() and ast_pbx_start()
> might be required. Where should I be looking to find this. I've
> looked in lots of channel drivers but I have difficulty still!
>
> I guess that the the asterisk system will (based on configuration)
> answer the call; will it use the channels .requester function to
> tell the channel driver to actually pickup?

You're looking in the right area if you found ast_pbx_start().
ast_pickup_call() is unrelated, though.

I would suggest studying one of the console channel drivers
(chan_alsa, chan_oss, chan_console), as those are the simplest channel
drivers.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead