[asterisk-dev] enhancing the usbb2k patch

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Feb 18 10:28:12 CST 2009

Sam Liddicott wrote:
> So my first question is:
>  Does it matter what channel type I register the channel as?
>
> Currently the patch registers as channel type "Phone" but it seems like
> only one channel of a given type can be registered as this conflicts
> with chan_phone.so

The name you give the channel type does not matter.  You can call it
whatever you want.  Of course, it should match the name for channels you
create, and will be what users have to use from the dialplan to
reference your channel technology.  So, using something that makes some
amount of sense is a good idea.  :-)

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead