[asterisk-dev] DNID and RDNIS are not carried across IAX2

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Dec 28 03:34:44 CST 2009

Nir Simionovich <nir.simionovich at gmail.com> writes:

>   I know the easy way is to use SIP across the board, but I believe this
> should also be carried across with IAX2.

I think you would have the same issue with SIP. Asterisk is not a SIP
proxy. If you want headers carried on to the second call you need
something like

SIPAddHeader(X-My-Header: ${SIP_HEADER(X-My-Header)})

I believe the syntax in IAX is something like

Set(IAXVAR(X-My-Header)=${SIP_HEADER(X-My-Header)})

but I don't use IAX, so that's a bit of a guess.

/Benny