[asterisk-dev] DNID and RDNIS are not carried across IAX2

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 07:00:15 CST 2009

Well,

  I strongly disagree with this - mainly due to the fact that Asterisk
does forward CallerID
information. In my view, CallerID, DNID and RDNIS aren't all that
different and should be
carried forward from one server to another, unless explicitly removed or
changed on the
channel.

  Think about the Dial application, that automatically carries the
CallerID from the inbound
call to the outbound call. If that information isn't carried across,
interconnecting multiple Asterisk
servers into a single mesh will become a horid mess, and I'm confident
no one wants that.

Nir