[asterisk-dev] DNID and RDNIS are not carried across IAX2

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 09:10:28 CST 2009

Hi All,

  I'm not sure if this is a feature of Asterisk or a bug, but it would
appear that IAX2 doesn't pass DNID and
RDNIS information across servers. Examine the following test scenario:

SIP Carrier --- SIP ---> Asterisk1 --- IAX2 ---> Asterisk2

  When the call from the carrier is accepted at Asterisk1, DNID and
RDNIS information is available. However,
once the call traverses over IAX2 to Asterisk2, that information is
purged and is no longer available. This causes
issues when requiring the DNID information to be available,
specifically, if you are using premium rate services
development, where the RDNIS is used to indicate that the call had
traversed the IN services platform, and not
being pushed into the server directly - there are tons of examples.

  I know the easy way is to use SIP across the board, but I believe this
should also be carried across with IAX2.
Unless I'm mistaken and I'll be happy to be corrected.

Regards,
  Nir S