[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6.2.0 Now Available!

Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Mon Dec 21 15:25:07 CST 2009

Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> What's the support status of this release? Your roadmap page[1] doesn't
> mention anything for 1.6.2. Last I heard, your plans were to not support
> it for long, which could be a problem for at least Debian -- even though
> I'd guess that Ubuntu will have probably the same problem, possibly RHEL
> too.
>
> If the old schedule still applies, I am afraid Debian won't be able to
> security support Asterisk for its whole release cycle and that would be
> a terrible thing from our PoV.
>
> FWIW, our freeze is scheduled for March 2010; our release cycles are
> ~1.5-2 years and we security-support releases for a year at most since
> the next release. That would mean that we need to support something till
> ~2013, way off from any of your release's schedule.
>
> Regards,
> Faidon
>
> 1: https://issues.asterisk.org/roadmap_page.php

The roadmap page is only used for tracking changes for the upcoming releases
(about 2 minor releases ahead) -- there are no issues assigned for 1.6.2.1 yet,
which is why nothing shows up for 1.6.2.1 (it'll only show up once something has
been assigned for that release).

More information about release schedules can be found on blogs.asterisk.org:
http://blogs.asterisk.org/2009/11/10/asterisk-project-update-astricon-2009/

Scroll down to the Asterisk Release Policy Updates. December 18th, 2009 is the
date of release for 1.6.2.0.

Leif Madsen.