[asterisk-dev] New committer - odicha

Odicha odi at odicha.net
Tue Dec 1 05:32:59 CST 2009

Thomas Kenyon escribió:
> Odicha wrote:
>> Russell Bryant escribió:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Commit access for team branches has been granted to Jose A. Deniz
>>> "odicha" for his work on GSM functionality.  Congratulations and welcome
>>> to the development community, Jose!
>>>
>> Hello Everyone.
>>
>> My name is Jose Antonio Deniz. My svn id is odicha. I give support for
>> some drivers out of dahdi trunk (zaphfc) & some experimental channel too
>> (chan_sebi for 3g modems at 1.4 trunk).
>> I'm going to work mainly on gsm support for asterisk.
>> So in a few days I'll upload a "draft". It'll have a library (mainly a
>> port from libpri) & 2  dahdi modules. One of them will support Huawei
>> E169/K3520 modems and the second one will support OpenVox G400P cards
>> (4 Gsm ports).
>> They'll be in a very inmature state. And my main idea about this is make
>> tests at dahdi level. When we have some stable dahdi drivers we can
>> focus into library development. (It's my idea). Any comment will be welcome.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> PS- The delay on answer is due to my holidays (too short anyway)
>>

> Did you try the 1.6 patch of chan_sebi (iirc provided my Martin Stubbs).
> It seems to work,
> There are still some stability issues and I had a volume problem when
> transferring a chan_sebi
> call, but other than that, I've had is running now for quite some time
> and it appears to work.
> (also with the roaming patch I sent you, since this is necessary for the
> network I'm using it on).

chan_sebi is only a "proof of concept". I never did it for using in a
production environment. It has a lot of structural issues. There are a
lot of ways of "destroying" a pbx availability using chan_sebi.
So I prefer do my efforts on a stable support for these devices from a
dahdi + library context. And if you need using it in a 1.6.x environment
you have a very good job that Artem Makhutov supports.
https://www.makhutov.org/svn/chan_datacard/trunk
I suppose he will upload a copy to asteriskforge... (if it's undone yet...)