[asterisk-dev] New group CCSS branch

Roman Sidler roman.sidler at sidler-se.net
Fri Aug 14 17:51:49 CDT 2009

Hi Mark
Cool, someone sets the ball rolling!
Many days of hard work in your paper...

1)
We've implemented our own implementation and it's working since many years. It
has been ported recently to 1.6.1.0.
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-February/009856.html
Since this mail, I've simplified many things (e.g no asn1c) and  brought it
to a rather mature stage.

The outlines
- Transfered over QSIG(BRI/PRI), IAX2. Local, Goto()
  (it works locally, and over many asterisk[transit])
- Invoked by SIP-Instantmessage or Dialplan (postdial, e.g. *02 as EXAMPLE1)
- The monitoring of userB is protocol (technology)-independent
- No new configuration, the dial plan is consulted (especially the hints)
- the whole state machine of agent(PTNXA) and monitor(PTNXB) is implemented in
1 module (res_ccomp.c)
****Stop commercial***

About your document:
2)
Do you really intend to support the monitoring of several terminals:
exten => 50,1,Dial(SIP/2000&Local/100 at example)

In the ISDN world the start of CCBS is defined by hangupcause=busy.
The 1Caller-to-1Callee-CallCompletion produces as well never-ending
combinations ;)

3)
The terms are slightly different than in the ISDN standard. The goals are the
same. Is here a reason.

4)
Why should the system initiate a cc_offer?
The caller (userA) could start this game. The service is rejected if one stage
fails. It makes things more complex, if the previous call state needs to be
remembered.

5)
Have you already figured out a usable  mechanism in SIP to support such a
complicate service?

We're really interested to see this service in the asterisk trunk.
Thanks for your effort!

Roman