[Asterisk-Dev] CCBS / CCNR integration into asterisk

roman.sidler roman.sidler at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 28 15:10:04 MST 2005

hi
We made a call completion module for asterisk. Our companies ISDN legacy
system need it.
It's basing on ETSI 300366, similar to ITU .. and ECMA-185  .

It's working on DSS1 and  IAX2 as transit protocols
SIP and FXO as terminating protocols (defined by "hint"-entry  in dialplan)

As controlling Interface we used Instant Messaging to our SIP UA
(e.g. sending of  "ccbs_request;203" to "callcompl at asterisk"),
I didn't found a standardized way on SIP.

Now I've seen on libpri a similar activity, (Extension by by Q.932 in
q931.c, pri_facility.c , .   )
We used the asn1c compiler (open source). It generates nice ANSI C code.
The ASN1 files were token mostly from pwlib (OpenH323) because of the
expanded form (no MACRO and no CLASSes). But I made some simplification
for ISDN.
I think this could be a generic approach for processing and transfering
further supplementary services.

The source code change on the channels is medium. "struct ast_channel"
is extended by a SupplementaryService struct (easy serializable
by the asn1c codec).

**

I'm interested to merge our code into project, what can I do?
My position: asterisk 1.0.5 / libpri 1.0.4 ( + my libaasn1.so ).

Roman