[asterisk-dev] CDR feature not working properly for "failed call attempt"

Vikas pjain01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:12:05 CDT 2009

Hi Asterisk Developers/users,
I am facing a problem while using the cdr feature of asterisk(version
asterisk1.4.24.1). Whenever I make a call using a “*.call” file and it gets
failed , it don't produce the CDR for that channel as it falls into
“OutgoingSpoolFailed” channel As there is no such channel defined for
“OutgoingSpoolfailed”.. I am using this line in extension.conf for capturing
the failed atempt:

exten => failed,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=${HANGUPCAUSE})

I did a bit of googling and found that this problem is coming out with
Asterisk1.14.24 and it was quite OK in 1.4.17.

http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=64832&highlight=outgoingspoolfailed

It seems to be bug with this new release , can any developer look into this
or give any workaround so for this feature to work in failed cases also.

Best Regards,
Parveen Jain