[asterisk-dev] CDR feature not working properly for "failed call attempt"

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Wed Apr 22 12:15:28 CDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Vikas wrote:

> Hi Asterisk Developers/users,
> I am facing a problem while using the cdr feature of
> asterisk(version asterisk1.4.24.1). Whenever I make a call using a
> “*.call” file and it gets failed , it don't produce the CDR for that
> channel as it falls into “OutgoingSpoolFailed” channel As there is
> no such channel defined for “OutgoingSpoolfailed”.. I am using this
> line in extension.conf for capturing the failed atempt:
>
> exten => failed,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=${HANGUPCAUSE})
>

> I did a bit of googling and found that this problem is coming out
> with Asterisk1.14.24 and it was quite OK in 1.4.17.
>
> http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=64832&highlight=outgoingspoolfailed
>
> It seems to be bug with this new release , can any developer look
> into this or give any workaround so for this feature to work in
> failed cases also.
>
> Best Regards,
> Parveen Jain

Parveen -
   Thank you for the bug notice!  However, it is the case that bugs
reported to the -dev or -users mailing list will almost always get
lost in the noise without some permanent record, and often there is
not enough data for others to understand the specifics of the problem
and to communicate with you in a structured way.  Can you please
create an account on bugs.digium.com and open a new bug report with
the relevant data?  Thanks!

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/