[asterisk-dev] Reviewboard Usage Guidelines

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Apr 9 14:09:58 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 10:52:29AM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have added some reviewboard usage guidelines to our doxygen
> documentation.  You can find the current version of the documentation here:
>
> http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/trunk/Reviewboard.html
>
> One notable bit that is not in the guidelines today, but I think should
> be considered, is guidelines for when it is _required_ for code to be
> posted for review before being merged.

I'm not sure it scales. I already feel that this list is a bit swamped
with reviewboard traffic and after a discussion begins I normally find
it a bit difficult to step in the middle.

> After seeing how many bugs have been found and fixed through in depth
> code review on reviewboard before making it in to Asterisk, I am
> inclined to say that I think _all_ non-trivial changes should be put
> through reviewboard and require at least one sign off from another
> committer before being merged.

Is this intended to replace the "test branch"?

I find the lack of integration between the reviewboard and SVN
disappointing. I wish I could usbmit a test branch for review.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com