[asterisk-dev] Reviewboard Usage Guidelines

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Apr 9 14:22:37 CDT 2009

While I see it as a good step forward, you also have to consider that
you make life more and more difficult for us non-employed-by-digium
developers that does not have Asterisk development as our primary
task, but still wants to contribute.

We have way too many open current branches to commit patches to and
manage. Solving a simple issue takes a lot of administration time, so
I feel quite often that I rather not do it because I don't have time.
And in some parts, the code is very different in various branches.

The more you raise the bar, the more work Digium has to do yourself
and you'll get less assistance from the community. It's a delicate
balance for the project management to consider.

Is there another way to manage quality? Or can you assign someone that
takes our patches and new code submissions through the full process, a
project administrator?

/O