[asterisk-dev] Storing SIP Registrations in a Database

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 10 09:39:07 CDT 2008

10 sep 2008 kl. 14.43 skrev Leif Madsen:

> Daniel Watkins wrote:
>> A solution that we are considering is the storing of the SIP
>> registrations within a database which would be replicated from the
>> primary server to the secondary server.  This would allow Asterisk on
>> the secondary server to use the registration details that were
>> extant on
>> the primary server.
>>
>> Unfortunately Asterisk does not, as far as we can see from examining
>> documentation and source code, support storing SIP registrations in a
>> database.  It is certainly possible, as openSIPS is able to store its
>> registrations in a database.  We would prefer, however, to do this
>> from
>> within Asterisk, rather than using a SIP proxy.
>
> From sip.conf.sample:
>
> ;rtupdate=yes                   ; Send registry updates to database
> 					using realtime? (yes|no)
>                                 ; If set to yes, when a SIP UA
> registers
> 					 successfully, the ip address,
>                                 ; the origination port, the
> registration
> 					 period, and the username of
>                                 ; the UA will be set to database via
> 					realtime.
>                                 ; If not present, defaults to 'yes'.

Well, this is not really a development question and was very recently
discussed. In sSterisk development version, we even have a separate
table to store sip registrations if needed. In the release version we
do it in the
sippeers table and this is documented in several places in the
sample configuration files for the realtime configuration schemes.

/Olle