[asterisk-dev] Storing SIP Registrations in a Database

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Sep 10 07:43:51 CDT 2008

Daniel Watkins wrote:
> A solution that we are considering is the storing of the SIP
> registrations within a database which would be replicated from the
> primary server to the secondary server.  This would allow Asterisk on
> the secondary server to use the registration details that were extant on
> the primary server.
>
> Unfortunately Asterisk does not, as far as we can see from examining
> documentation and source code, support storing SIP registrations in a
> database.  It is certainly possible, as openSIPS is able to store its
> registrations in a database.  We would prefer, however, to do this from
> within Asterisk, rather than using a SIP proxy.

 From sip.conf.sample:

;rtupdate=yes                   ; Send registry updates to database
					using realtime? (yes|no)
                                 ; If set to yes, when a SIP UA registers
					 successfully, the ip address,
                                 ; the origination port, the registration
					 period, and the username of
                                 ; the UA will be set to database via
					realtime.
                                 ; If not present, defaults to 'yes'.