[asterisk-dev] Please reopen bug #13409

Daniel Ferrer daniel at ipcontact.com.uy
Fri Sep 5 09:51:38 CDT 2008

Steve & Thomas,

I confirm that with 1.4.22-rc3, I get 2 cdr's for 1 simple call. The
cdr's are not duplicate, there are 2 lines, both are from a to B, one is
"ANSWERED" and other is "UNANSWERED". Obviously I'm using cdr.conf
option "unanswered = yes", but before this I get only 1 line per call.

I must clear a bit this affirmation. Really I get 4 CDRs for 1 call
(because option unanswered=yes), before #13409 I get 2 lines per CDR.
The reason because with unanswered=yes I'd only 1 line is that made a
patch that "filters" calls that with empty "lastapp" & "lastdata" field,
so only 1 cdr posted with unanswered=yes.

The conclusion is that always I've an extra CDR post in 1.4.22-rc3:
unanswered=no -> 2 cdr (1 cdr before)
unanswered=yes -> 4 cdr (2 cdr before)

I can confirm that is not a cdr_mysql problem as thought, is a global
CDR issue, as the same occurs with cdr_csv. As murf says, the extra cdr
line is caused by calling ast_cdr_detach() before destroying the
channel. Possible fixes to this are calling ast_cdr_free directly or
flagging cdr with AST_CDR_FLAG_POST_DISABLED, I'll attach possible fixes
on issue #13409.

By the way, I haven't tested trunk I'll do it, maybe trunk isn't affected.

Thanks
bye
daniel

Steve Murphy escribió:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 18:36 -0300, Daniel Ferrer wrote:
>> I tested today 1.4.22-rc3, as I see it includes patch for issue #13409.
>>
>> This patch is causing me CDR problems, I use cdr_mysql (from addons
>> package) as backend, and in a normal call A->B, this patch causes to
>> post the CDR twice, giving me a constraint key violation (uniqueid is
>> primary key in cdr table).
>>
>> Can you reopen this? I've a slighty modified patch that calls also
>> ast_cdr_detach but doesn't post a new cdr. I cannot post it or write a
>> note to this issue because it is in 'fixed' state.
>>

> Daniel--
>
> I'll be looking into this. I realized that calling cdr_detach() to free
> the cdr before destroying the channel might be a rash thing to do, but
> saw no doubles in my testing, so thought that the single-channel filter
> might be taking care of this situation. Evidently not.
>
> The bug has been re-opened, so please attach your fix and I'll see what
> I can do.
>
> murf
>
>> thanks
>> bye