[asterisk-dev] PATCH - specified UA can alter From header without being challenged with 407

Martin Drasar drasar at optimsys.cz
Thu Sep 4 09:44:14 CDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I got into situation when I needed one of UAs registered to Asterisk to
make calls to others but with altered From header. Basically because it
is CCXML interpreter that does some processing and eventually calls the
desired number. However when I changed the From header to something
other than the one the interpreter registered with, it triggered the 407
response - and that is something I didn't want.
So I have made this patch that disables auth checks when user in
sip.conf has attribute 'gizmo=yes' (the name will eventually change :-))

If you think that such patch could be helpfull to somebody else than me
and that it would be possible to merge it to Asterisk trunk then comment
it and give me pointers on how to make it Asterisk style compatible -
otherwise tell me and I will pretend that I have never been here ;-)

Thanks for your time
Martin

--
  Martin Drasar, Developer / Analyst