[asterisk-dev] Choppy Sounds

praveen kumar pbx.kumar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:07:30 CDT 2008

Hello,
I installed many asterisk boxes but this is a very peculiar problem. It
happens on all the three systems.

The sound is very very choppy while accessing voicemail, moh etc. The sounds
folder in NFS is mounted but I do not think thats the problem as I removed
that and still it gives the same problem.

Asterisk is 1.2.6 and gcc is 4.1.* on CentOS 5.0 machine. Looking at the
bugs, it seemed that 4.2 gcc gave similar problems but few of them
acknowledged that all is fine with 4.1.

ztdummy was installed on the one of the boxes but it still sounds the same.
Actually the machine having ztdummy sounds worse.

uname -a
Linux vm90 2.6.24.2.dn.p4 #1 SMP Mon Feb 11 16:58:06 CST 2008 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

Any tips on what and how I can debug?

Thanks.