[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] lmadsen: trunk r149040 - /trunk/doc/manager_1_1.txt

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 15 03:51:53 CDT 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:

> We could propably use the event name "Registry" for this too. We're
> using "Status" instead of "State" in many cases, like "PeerStatus". I
> don't like using generic names like "State", "RegisterState" makes
> more sense and is more unique.
>
> We need to use the same headers as other events and this doesn't even
> attempt to do that.

These two paragraphs are somewhat conflicting; either we use the same
headers as other events or we don't. There is no need for the 'State' to
be 'RegisterState' when it is already embedded inside a 'Registry'
event; there is no expectation that any event headers will be
understandable without the entire context of the event they are part of.
I would actually much prefer that we use the exact same header name for
the same type of information, regardless of which event type it is
embedded into.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies