[asterisk-dev] CDR Problem Proposals

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Fri Nov 21 12:28:00 CST 2008

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> I managed to achieve this by allocating a GUID to the call, and saving
> that GUID as an inherited variable. Thus, all other channels that came
> into contact with the original channel inherited the call GUID.
>
> I know, I know, it's an extremely simplistic scenario and it most likely
> will not work but perhaps it is enough to give food for thought.

That basically works for all scenarios except for one (from what I've
found):  attended transfers from the SIP phone (Polycom in my scenario).

The issue is that when the phone goes to do the attended transfer, the
2nd call is not associated at all with the original call, and only when
the call is bridged does something happen. In my case I was trying to
track it in the dialplan, essentially for CDRs, but it's popped up again
with recording permissions.

However there might be a way this can be avoided, but I have not yet
figured it out. But in terms of internal CDRs it may be possible to
track it when the bridge happens.

I guess that's another argument for writing of CDRs at bridge time?

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com