[asterisk-dev] CDR Problem Proposals

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 01:42:39 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Leif Madsen
<leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org> wrote:
> It seems everyone has a different idea about what CDRs are supposed to
> be, and how they are supposed to be represented, and perhaps no route
> you take is ever going to succeed at solving the underlying issue.
>
> Just a thought, but I'd hate to see spend another round of trying, just
> to realize that perhaps there is no route to success using the current
> methodology?

I'm well past being a broken record on this issue but I'd like to
point out again that producing CDRs is not that difficult.

Speaking for SIP (there's probably equivalents for the other channels):

1. Create a CDR per SIP dialogue instead of per bridge,
2. Start a CDR when a 2xx final response to an INVITE is received or sent,
3. Stop a CDR when a BYE is received or sent.

The rules are incredibly simple it's Asterisk design flaws that are
making it hard.

There are lots of examples of other softswitches having absolutely no
problems with this very very basic and very very fundamental
requirement.

Regards,

Greyman.