[asterisk-dev] app_fax build issue and bug tracking

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue Nov 18 14:12:03 CST 2008

Brendan Martens wrote:
> I tried to enter a bug report for app_fax in /branches/1.6.0/ but it was
> closed.... I don't really understand the reason, qwell's explanation
> didn't make a lot of sense to me. Am I wrong to assume that we want to
> apply a known fix for a bug in /branches/1.6.0/?
>
> Also it would be great if there was a way on the bug tracking system to
> post to a closed bug. I have no way to communicate with qwell about this
> issue except on this list or by opening another bug...
>

> Here is the bug report I opened in regards to this:
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=13913
>
> I apologize if I am just missing something or not understanding a
> process, I'm just trying to help a bug get squashed.
>

> Brendan Martens

We only fix regressions in the 1.6.0 branch (there has been a lot of discussion
on this list and elsewhere about release policy - you should be able to find
them rather easily).  Since app_fax is a new feature, it cannot by definition be
a regression.

This has already been fixed in svn trunk, and will be fixed in future releases.