[asterisk-dev] extra vs core sounds

Clod Patry cpatry at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 20:56:47 CST 2008

hi,
Like all the AMUG (Asterisk Montreal User Group) users already know, the
extra-fr will be available soon.
All the prompts will be recorded again by June Wallack, which is the
official french language and will be included in future version of Asterisk.

1. While we're translating all these prompts, we noticed a bunch of prompts
are both in the core and in the extra.
Why this exactly? Is there any way that we cut down these duplicate prompts?

2. Also, some prompts are really not professional and I propose a little
cleanup in these extra-fr:
example:
"Go and boil your bottoms you silly english kniggggits. I fart in your
general direction.  Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
and the song Louie, Louie.

I really don't see why we should manage such prompts.

Since the extra is in progress of translating, I think if we can cleanup a
little that package, that will result of a good impact for future foreign
languages.

What do you think about these two points?

--
Clod Patry