[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-addons-commits] tilghman: trunk r688 - in /trunk: ./ channels/ configs/ res/

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Nov 7 11:51:06 CST 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 11:14:49 Atis Lezdins wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:
> > Author: tilghman
> > Date: Fri Nov  7 01:04:53 2008
> > New Revision: 688

> > Log:
> > Revamp res_config_mysql to allow for multiple read/write handle
> > configurations within realtime.
> > (closes issue #13603)
> >  Reported by: atis
> >  Patch by: me
> >
> > Tilghman, i see that you did a great job refactoring db connections in
> > trunk, however this still doesn't fix issue 0013603.
> >
> > Database name within extconfig.conf has been around for long time
> > (even in 1.2), but now it's broken in 1.6.0.
> >
> > So, some sort of minor patch should be applied to addons-1.6.0.
> >
> > Btw, is it ok that there was no "commit comment" in  0013603?
>
> Tilghman, i wonder why do you keep closing this issue. Don't you admit
> that it's a regression?
>
> As 1.6.1. has affected code refactored, there is probably no need for
> fixing this, however it's an issue with 1.6.0 and I have uploaded a
> patch long time ago. If necessary i can rewrite it in other way - so
> that "database" is not shown in query.

I'm not sure that your fix really is just that.  I'm concerned about it
introducing further regressions.  The fix I created for addons-1.6.1 will
fix the issue permanently, in a way that is scalable and doesn't simply
remove the capability of separating reads from writes, which is what your
patch effectively does.

Yes, I admit the feature add in 1.6.0 was inadequate and disabled an
important feature, and it is fixed going forward, but disabling another
feature is just as much a regression.

--
Tilghman