[asterisk-dev] Time for a bug fix phase?

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:53:53 CDT 2008

If the CDR coding starts again without coming up with a proper design
AND getting it agreed to by the couple of Digium employees that have
veto power on the Asterisk code contributions then it's likely to be a
wasted effort again.

The biggest problem here isn't developer resources it's getting a
design agreed on that will be incorporated into Asterisk. I could code
up a solution myself but it defeats the purpose if I then need to
maintain it separately and have to patch every subsequent Asterisk
release.

It still seems like a mountain is being made out of a molehill as
well. Blind and attended transfers are not complex operations and the
CDRs they generate are pretty simple. They are the two types of calls
that by all accounts are causing people the most pain. Rather then
solving 20 esoteric cases why not solve the two simple ones first and
make 90% or more of the people following the bug happy. To date I
haven't even seen any comments on the two CDR bug reports on calls for
cases other then transfers.

Regards,

Greyman.