[asterisk-dev] Time for a bug fix phase?

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Thu May 29 01:09:14 CDT 2008

ons 2008-05-28 klockan 22:14 -0500 skrev John Lange:
> Hey Murf, thanks for taking the time to do such a lengthy reply. I know
> from researching this that you have done a lot of thinking about this
> already so I'm very pleased to see you are still on top of it.
>
> I've ready through your blog posting here a couple of times:
>
> http://www.asterisk.org/node/48358
>
> In the posting you outline some 21 scenarios that need to be tested.
>
> Here in my simplistic view of the world (which means I don't have a deep
> understanding of the inner workings of Asterisk) I think it boils down
> to this; every time a channel is unbridged from something an event log
> should be generated that shows (among other things) who the two
> endpoints were and how long they were connected.

Can't this be combined with the proposal earlier of two cdr's per call?
One cdr for each channel. Together with a "bridgelog" (maybe CEL?) you
will have all the information you need.

How will this new cdr system work with the new bridging api? As I
understand it you will be able to bridge two or three or more channels
together.

If we had one cdr per channel this wouldn't be a problem.

Please correct me if I misunderstood you in any way.

/Johan