[asterisk-dev] BRI support in chan_zap of asterisk 1.6?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Mar 5 18:17:18 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Jean-Denis Girard <jd.girard at sysnux.pf> wrote:
> Matthew Fredrickson a écrit :
>
> > We are sending an identity request to the other end it looks like, but
>  > the other end is not assigning us a TEI.  Instead, its repeatedly
>  > sending us an identity check request message to us for some reason...
>
>  I'm back to mISDN... which does seem to work fine with asterisk-1.6.0.
>
>  Let me know if I can help debug zap support for BRI, I would really like
>  that to happen. During the last years using asterisk, I've been through
>  isdn4linux, bristuff, visdn, misdn, and I'm still looking for the
>  definitive solution.
>

>  Thanks,
>
> --
>  Jean-Denis Girard
>
>  SysNux                  Systèmes  Linux  en Polynésie française
>  http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 50 10 40 / GSM: +689 79 75 27

This BRI issue is nasty at least here in the US.  I spent hours onsite
with a customer's system DOWN messing with this.

With some very generous help from Tzafrir, I was able to get a quad
port Junghanns card working with a quad port Sangoma FXO card in the
same server with US BRIs.

I would rather deal with IRQ issues and echo than messing with patches
and jury rigged drivers.  This is the first time I have encountered
BRI, I am sure glad it is not popular in the US.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro